Friday, January 27, 2012

My Family: Chapter 27

On Sundays, I would go to church in the morning, the afternoon, and in the evening to meet a boy there. This one time, Jack carved our initials into our arms using his pocket knife; mine got infected and his didn’t. My dad said I better never do anything so stupid again. But I liked Jack even though he liked my friend instead. Jack always liked to hang out with my friends and me because we had fun. He’s the only boy I ever gave permission to come to my house when my parents weren’t home. We were on the back porch steps talking when my dad showed up. Dad come around the corner of our house and when he saw us he yelled. Jack took off as fast as he could. All Dad said to me was no boys allowed at the house and he had better never catch me again.

Yolyn Church of God.
Jack lived at Slagle which is about five miles above Macbeth. He would met us at the movies on Monday nights or at Church on Wednesdays and Sundays with one or two of his friends. He knew my girlfriend (who he liked) and I were best friends so that’s why he hung out with me. But my girlfriend didn’t like him, he was too young for her because she liked men only. We always had a lot of fun walking home from the movies or skating rink, but one time my girlfriend went too far with her teasing of the boys.

Jack had brought an older friend with him to walk us home. This friend’s brothers all hung out with my father. We were just across from the Orville mines in front of a bridge which crossed over a creek into a ball field when the friend told my girlfriend if she brushed up against him one more time, he was going to take her to the ball field and rape her. Suddenly, he dragged her over the bridge all the while she screamed for us to help her. We couldn’t see what they were doing as it was too dark. We just waited until they came back. She screamed the whole time they were gone but they weren’t gone long enough for him to rape her. When they came back, my girlfriend didn't teased him again. Shortly after that my girlfriend met her  husband and got married, she was fourteen and he was twenty-eight. He was from out of state and after they got married they moved to his home town.

Almost all the kids up the hollow left for the big city to get jobs when they turned sixteen or older. Jack and I lost touch and hadn’t seen one another for a long time when we met at a birthday party in Slagle. Shirley and I heard there was a party in Slagle so we went, I didn’t know the kid who was having the party and I don’t think we were even invited. I don’t even know what happened to Shirley once we got there you could say that i receive my first kiss there we were playing spin the bottle and it pointed towards me and I had to go in the next room and give the boy a kiss and he stuck his tongue in my mouth i gave him a shove and left the room I am 16years old and he is about 13 years old, I though that was the most discussing kiss I almost threw up that is why I went outside.
I saw Jack again. All I know is Jack and I were having a good time outside as we walked back and fourth in front of the house; talking and laughing about all the fun we used to have. Suddenly it was late and I said I had to home. Jack said instead of walking all way home why didn't we go his house (which was close by) and he would get his brother to give me a ride. As soon as we walked into his house, his mom jumped up and ran into the kitchen - Jack followed her. She yelled at him for bringing a Dillo whore into her house and I was to leave right now and never come back. In the room where I was waiting sat his father, older brother, and three younger siblings - everybody was embarrassed. I could hear him defend me but then he came out of the kitchen real mad, asked his brother if he would give me a ride home and we left.

I never saw him again after that. Although when I was home and Shirley saw him pass by the house in a car, she would tell me because she knew I liked him. I wasn’t home very much after that, Shirley and I both had bad names. We always laughed because the people who called us whores had daughters who had babies out of wedlock and besides Dad would’ve killed us if we even so much as thought about sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment