Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Family: Chapter 61

Alma Jean Dillow
Columbus was a military town and Dad warned me, before we got there, not to date any of the service men. I remembered this advise and didn’t date military men but I did date this one boy; I don’t remember his name because the date didn’t even last three hours. He ate lunch everyday at the Bev and one day asked me if I’d like to go to the State Fair with him, I said yes. I had no idea what a State Fair would be like. So, we went and walked around fair looking at all the farm animals. I was got bored and I guess he was too, because he asked me if I wanted to go see the circus next. I thought more animals I didn’t want to see, so I said no. As we left the fair, the circus had just started and you could see it on the way out. I walked over to the fence to watch the circus and asked him why we didn’t go to see this? He said he asked me if I wanted to go to the circus and now it was too late as they had stopped selling tickets and had closed the gate. I said I didn’t realize that was the circus.  Another date who couldn’t get me home fast enough. 

We still lived with Aunt Eloise and on payday her husband, Bill, would stand at the door and take all of our pays. One time, Bill bragged to me how much money he had in his wallet - it was stuffed. After that Dad said he had enough, he was going to get an apartment in the city where it would be closer to the bars. Aunt Eloise and Bill lived way out in the farm country.  

No comments:

Post a Comment